Friday, December 4, 2009

Terrified and Electrified



I'll just cut to the chase.  Here is what I posted on Facebook last night:

"OMG.  I have gone and done it.  I am heading to Cambodia in January (sans Henry) on a humanitarian trip to help women and children over there.  We visited Cambodia a few years ago and fell in love with the country and its people.  Now it's time to go beyond and do what I can to improve their quality of life.

I am terrified and electrified."

My friend, Joyce, nailed it.  She said, "talk about testing yourself!"

No kidding.  I am terrified about traveling over there alone.  But, I can do this.  I won't have the security blanket of Henry by my side, but I can do this.  I have been a woman on a mission for the last few days, dealing with all of the details and making this a reality.  I am passionate about this.  I know it is what I am supposed to being doing.  It's just a little scary that it is halfway around the world.  But, I can do this.

My friend Tim left me a voicemail today saying "I know this is just a scam, you're not really going over there to help people.  You're really going to learn about the food and then you will come back and meld Southern cooking with Cambodian cooking."

Fried banana blossoms, anyone?

I think this comes under the heading of "be careful of what you want, you just might get it."

Well, I've got it.  Now I have to run with it.  Wish me luck.

But of course, think about the recipes I will post when I return!





1 comment:

  1. I hate that we haven't been able to talk about this yet. I'm dying!!! Hopefully this week we will get a chance and certainly on Sunday. xxoo

    ReplyDelete