Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vanilla Sleuth

This will be short.  We just returned from a trip to Philadelphia to find an apartment for Eric.

SCORE!

We found one that fit both his budget and his geographic parameters.  In the midst of a very tight apartment market, with limited availability.  Super Mom (and Dad) strike yet once again.

But before the kids arrived, that bald old man and I had dinner at Alma de Cuba. 

http://almadecubarestaurant.com/

Interesting food.  Some glitches, but we liked the place.  But I REALLY liked it when I tasted dessert.  Dulce de leche crepes with smoked vanilla ice cream.

SMOKED VANILLA ICE CREAM????? 

Yeah.  It rocked.  Count on me to come up with a method and a recipe.  Soon.  First though, we have to get through the cookie marathon that is happening this week.  Stay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment