Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Deadlifting

Yes, I have been absent from this blog for about a week.  Sorry about that.  In case you were wondering, I did not eat myself into oblivion and suffer the consequences.  I wish.  Nope, I was in New Orleans to lend support to Andy (my eldest son) as he participated in his first power lifting competition.

Talk about a step outside of my usual world.  His, too.  It's like being admitted to a club where you don't quite belong but you find yourself there anyway.  Let's just say there were a lot of tatoos.  And it ended up being a v-e-e-e-r-y long day as we were there for 14 hours.  So much for my plans for dinner at Herbsaint that night.  So much for dinner, period.

But, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.  He decided to go for it and break his record of a 475-pound deadlift.  He went for 500 AND HE DID IT!  A personal best.  Congratulations, Andy!

Practicing in the gym (he's also dropped a ton of weight since this photo was taken).
Hmmmmm - maybe I should try some serious power lifting!

I'll get back to the business of blogging about food and posting recipes later this afternoon.  For the moment though, I just had to be a proud mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment