Friday, November 13, 2009

Updates



Parmesan Crackers.  Well done this time! (no pun intended)

The diet (now known as the "eating plan") is still up and running.  12 pounds lost so far; not enough and not fast enough, but hey, I can live with this. 

Dinner tonight?  That would be at Cakes and Ale in Decatur cakesandalerestaurant.com.  I had a lovely escarole salad with olive oil, parmesan and anchovies and then the "vegetable bowl" with farro, turnips, cabbage, African squash, hen-of-the-woods mushrooms and baby kale.  Simple, amazing and relatively healthy.  My friend Billy Allin (who owns the place) is there every single night. 

It's a chef-driven restaurant and he drives it well.  If I were ever to open a restaurant (which will not happen), I would model it after this one.  It's the perfect blend of casual neighborhood (you can wear your jeans) and beautiful, simple, locally fresh food. 

Okay, I'm done now.  See you around the cake baking marathon next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment